Skip to content

Blackout: Reimbursement available for spoiled food

July 25, 2006

Residents of Queens and the Bronx affected by the major blackouts of this week and last week can obtain reimbursements for spoiled food through the New York City government and conEdison. Additionally, those who receive food stamps can obtain replacement food stamps by filling out an application within the next 10 days. For instructions and procedures, residents are urged to call 311 or visit

2 Comments leave one →
  1. Anonymous permalink
    July 30, 2006 3:19 am

    The Deadline was change to August 24 by Pataki, but please check on this, I read it in the paper. I have not tried this in real life yet

  2. Anonymous permalink
    July 30, 2006 3:30 am

    Calling 311 is always a big hassle. I feel that the operators deny acess to public information by interogating me.
    They usually know less than I do and seem to enjoy blocking acess to government agencies such as HPD.
    HRA is particularly difficult to get real information from, they will jerk you around for weeks.

    Best to call Burton Blaustein’s office or if you are applying for HRA, call the Welfare Law Center. The case Robinson v. Guiliani established advocacy for welfare applicants.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: